Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

WOW!! What a fantastic weekend!!

Avery's t-ball game was canceled due to rain on Friday night, so... we went grocery shopping (WOO-HOO, FUN!!). After that we went to see Up in Indianola. Tracy, Avery, and I were the only people in the theatre...how cool is that! It was a great movie, we saw it in 3-D. Avery cried during 2 parts, she gets into the movies (okay, so do I).

Avery was so excited for Saturday. She got invited to Logan and Melena's b-day party in Indianola and a tea party in Chairton. First we went to the B-day party, it was so much fun. Chad and Kim planned games, relay races, and the ultimate marshmallow shooters!! We left there around 11:30 and grabbed a bite at Arbys. We went home and Avery changed into her brown dress, lollitop hat, and "sassy" shoes (as she called them). We went to Glendas tea party at the Lutheran church in Chariton. It was so much fun. The kids made hats, gloves, photo frames, had lunch, tea, and a fashion show. Glenda gave each child a gift bag at the end of the party, what a great idea!! That was so much fun for the kids!! We got home around 4:30, and Daddy had been working on someones playset... and FINISHED!!! He even moved it (by himself)...seriously, sometimes I think I'm married to SuperMan. Avery took a quick nap, as she was so tired, but when she woke up...it was time to swing! Tracy mowed a path in the weeds, so we went on a hike... what a great day!!!

Sunday was Father's Day!! I am so blessed to be married to such a great man. Tracy is an amazing husband and Father, God sure did have an awesome plan for me in the "sharing my life with someone" department. Good looking, charming, helpful, kind, loving... HELLO PRINCE CHARMING!! Avery and I got Daddy a BBQ Grill... we used it that day for our cook out. Ken, Ronna, Todd, Karcy, Shelby, Grandma, Jo, Troy, Andrea, Madison, Tanner, and Greyson all came over for the Fathers Day cook out. We ate and played games... it was great to see the kids, we haven't seen them in awhile. After everyone left, I cleaned up the dishes and went downstairs to watch Stick It (gymnastics movie) with my family. Can a girl have it all... YES I DO!

Today is Monday, and it is back to work. In 2 weeks and 3 days we leave for Texas!!! I am so very excited. We are going to visit The Nelson's. I am sure I will have some great stories to tell.

**this weekend I was spelling 3 and 4 letter words for Avery and she knew them all!! She is doing so good with sounding out words, and reading her "beginner" books. She is a smart cookie... I love her so much!!

No comments: