Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Okay -

so I decided to use this blog to post a journal all about my precious family!! I will add pics when I can, but for now I just want a place to keep a family journal. So, let me catch you up... Avery is 5 now, she is full of joy!! She finished pre-school with Mrs. Aulwess... we only received 2 messages all year. One phone call and one email. Avery asked a lot if I got a phone call, email, or text from Mrs. Aulwess, and when I said No, she would see... that was because I was a good girl!! She is so funny!! So, we got the phone call because she wouldn't sit on the carpet during learning time, she was busy on the play phone. (That's my girl...I have always told her it is rude to talk to someone while they are on the phone.) And, the email because she pushed the elevator button... They are definitely not supposed to do that. So, she was grounded from treats, snacks, and Disney Channel... she made it through her punishment. She had lots of fun at Pre-school too... they made lots of things, went on field trips, and learned so much! I am proud of my little graduate.

We received the "ready for Kindergarten" letter, and she is prepping for a year of all day school! She will do great, she will have Mrs. Blake, she is very excited!! Another piece of exciting news for her is that her Daddy will be the Principal at her school!!! Yes...I am so proud of my family. Tracy found out on June 1 that he will be the Principal at Columbus Elementary School in Chariton. How about that, he graduated in May with his Masters in Admin, and got his job June 1... I am so proud!!!

Avery just finished dance. They had their recital, and she did awesome! I was a super Mom (that's a cool way of saying backstage crowd control), but it was fun!! Hey, I got a free t-shirt. Avery did fantastic, she danced to the song, If you could talk to the Animals...adorable!!

And, she turned 5 on May 18. We had her family party at Stellas, and her friend party at the VanAllen gym. Dizzy the clown came and entertained the children...it was lots of fun.

Tracy is busy putting together her swingset that we and all the grandparents got her. We are close to being finished, but it is definitely a project!

Well, that is my quick update... we are into t-ball season and I am sure I will have lots of stories for that... below is the latest:

Avery had her first t-ball game, she danced and played in the dirt... she also found out that after the game they get a free pop at the concession stand. All of the sudden, I hear her yell..."Hey Mom, they have food in here." By the time I got to the stand, she had already ordered hotdogs, popcorn, and pretzels... When I told her she had to pay, she was crushed. She said, "but the pop is free." Too funny!!

Today is partly sunny, looks like there might be some rain in the forecast...she is supposed to have a game tonight at 7:00, but we will have to wait and see.

No comments: