Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer Fun

Well... July has ended, but not without lots of FUN first!! Tracy and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT, 10 YEARS!!! We have an awesome marriage and family, we are so blessed!! For our anniversary we went to Hannibal. Mom and Dad kept Avery and Tracy and I did what we love to do, and that is the very simple, dinner and a movie. Each year we try and plan something for the other person, but this year we decided on an old staple... what we did on our first date (dinner and movie). We went to the new Japanese steakhouse in Quincy, it was delicious! Then went to the new theatre in Hannibal, we saw 2 movies. The Hangover and The Ugly Truth (both were very FUNNY). It was a very nice evening, we just loving being together!

Before we celebrated our Anniversary, Mom came up and we had a great visit. On Wednesday Ragbrai was going through Chariton. I worked in the am, but took the afternoon off to enjoy the festivities. Allysa Spring and her boyfriend Adam were engaged during Ragbrai and we went to their engagement party (very fun!!). Then Mom and Avery hung out, and Tracy and I went up town to see Hairball... they were awesome! We got home and went to bed as we were headed for Adventureland in the morning.

We went to Adventureland on Thursday, and we had a great time. It was a gorgeous day... Mom got soaked on the Log Ride, and our favorite ride was Sawmill Splash. We went to Applebeees afterward to eat supper, then headed home. It was a great evening.

On Friday we headed for Hannibal... and Friday was our Anniversary!!

Saturday, July 25... we went to Stephanies house down by St Louis and took a float trip with Mom, Dad, Mike, Shayla, the girls, and Jason, Stephanie. It was about a 4.5 mile float, and we started around 1ish...we ended at Stephs house with a BBQ around 5:30. It was a lot of FUN!! I got burnt (imagine that), but at least Casper got some color (no matter if it was bright red). Avery had a blast, she is a fish. She loves the water, I hope to someday be able to install a pool at our house, and she can enjoy all the swimming she wants. We will definitely make the float trip an annual event.

On Sunday, we went to lunch at FiddleSticks and then headed home. It was a very nice time, I love family time!!

Avery had her first swim lesson on Monday. I was off work so I got to take her. She did awesome. She went off the diving board... (on her first day)! I was so proud I got to see that! She is my little blessing, and I adore her so much!! We then picked up Tracy and had lunch at Subway... my husband, the Principal.. I am so proud of my family!!

Finally, it was back to work and what a busy week it was! Avery was invited to Bible School with Lexi Smyser from 6-8 every night, she had a blast! She and Lexi are great friends, I really hope they remain so close.

On Saturday we went to the Darrahs for some balloon fun!! I love the Classic. I could not believe that a man was tied to a cluster of helium balloons and went up in the air, AWESOME!!! We had fun with Darrahs, Comers, and Aulwess... before we went to Indianola, we spent the day freezing corn at Grandma Gerts, we did 40 dozen... WOOO-WEEEE. Lots of Corn!

On Sunday we went to church at the Methodist church in Chariton. Avery performed 2 of her songs from VBS, she did awesome. She has so much energy and a love for performing (I guess you could say she gets that from me).

Tracy and Avery are true blessings in my life, I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful family!! I love you guys!

No comments: